Friday, July 10, 2009

Home for the weekend

7_10_a
It's been another couple of busy days as things wind down at the Casa. Yesterday's outing was to Old Town Pasadena for most of the day. The original plan was to take the train directly from Pomona, but to do that we would have gone right downtown to Union Station and then to Pasadena, the long way around. Instead, we drove to the end of the other line that goes to Pasadena, and jumped on the train there. It was all pretty painless and actually enjoyable to pass by all the stopped traffic on the freeway. In Pasadena we had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory and did some shopping. I was all set to buy some knick-knacks before I realized I didn't have enough money with me, and no credit cards. It was a lot of rolling around and a lot of time in the chair without a break, but I managed the wheeling without any help aside from a couple of dodgy street crossings where we had to get across quickly. I sure slept good last night though!

Today I had therapy in the morning and my own outing to Sears this afternoon. But instead of having the Casa people take me to Sears, Debbie and I just left early and went on our own. That left us extra time to check out some of the other stores in the Montclair Plaza and still get home in time for dinner - home as in Studio City apartment home. This weekend I get to stay the whole weekend, which will give us a chance to go out tomorrow for a bit and not worry about heading back to the Casa. Two weeks to go and I'll be home permanently, so all this is good practice.

5 comments:

  1. ...most excellent - enjoy the weekend, you two!

    And I see the photo was taken in the tool aisle - all hail The Geek...

    ;-)

    -Pawlie.

    Santa Barbara, CA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see your transition so close!

    See you this weekend.

    Mikolas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shirt....and the grin! Have a great weekend at HOME!
    Love
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woooo Hoooo!

    Gary S

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of us Guys are wondering..........HOW DID THE TOOL SHOPPING GO?? Remember, He who dies with the most toys wins.
    Have a great wekend at home.

    ReplyDelete