Saturday, February 5, 2011

Walking Papers

walking_papers
Another interesting memoir


I just finished this book, Walking Papers: The Accident that Changed My Life and the Business that Got Me Back on My Feet, a memoir by Francesco Clark. He is a quadriplegic that worked hard after his injury to become an ambassador with the Christopher Reeve Foundation as well as start his own business, Clark's Botanicals, a line of skincare products.

What I found interesting about the story was that Mr. Clark's rehab and dealings with the therapists were quite different than my own positive experiences at Huntington and Casa Colina. His outlook on recovery - maybe as a result - is also quite different, and his perspective really gave me lots to think about.

1 comment:

  1. Gonna bounce this over to chawn ... thanx

    ReplyDelete