Saturday, October 6, 2012

Yoga Progress


Hands and knees. It may look easy...

It's been almost a year since we moved from Los Angeles to Vancouver, but I still do yoga every Monday with the same instructor, Nancy. But since we couldn't convince Nancy to move here with us, we have class by Skype. It actually works very well, and we've made quite a bit of progress on all sorts of things. As you can see in the video, I can now get up on my hands and knees, which takes a lot of both strength (to get up) and balance (to stay up). The end goal here is to get to the point that I can, on hands and knees, lift one hand off the ground. So far I can get one hand on fingertips, but when I try lifting it I promptly fall over. We've also been working on abdominal muscles, coordination and balance, with all kinds of interesting exercises that help make day-to-day activities easier.

1 comment:

  1. It is very slow progress to be sure, but progress nonetheless. Hang in there.

    Prayers still going up for you from South Carolina.

    ReplyDelete