Saturday, May 9, 2015

Photography

A mallard on the pond behind our condo

For Christmas last year Deborah gave me a lens for my camera. It's a super-telephoto zoom lens from Sigma (150-500 F:5-6.3, if you're a photography buff) and lets me get some great shots even from far away. I have been out a bunch of times experimenting with it and learning more about photography. The lens is so big and heavy that I have to be careful not to tip out of my chair when holding it up, although I am figuring out how to use a tripod from my chair as well. The picture here, a duck in the back yard, I think is one of my better shots so far. You can see some pictures that we took at Boundary Bay on my Facebook page here (you don't need a Facebook account to see the pictures). Now that the weather is getting nicer, I'm planning to get out a lot more often to use the big lens, and to learn more about photography as I go.

0 comments:

Post a Comment