Friday, February 20, 2009

Exercise City

Every time I think I’ve exercised a lot, they ramp up my workload. Yesterday I rode a stationary hand bicycle for 20 minutes, did an hour of free weights in my chair, then wheeled myself the 150 yards to the big gym to use the universal equipment and that was all before lunch!

It’s all working great, though, I am really gaining strength quickly, and getting a lot better in the chair, and I’m not as tired and worn out as I was earlier in the week. Next week all the restrictions are done for my backside surgery, so I’ll get to start working on transfers and sitting exercises on the mat. Then the fun will really begin.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a big day! You must've been pretty wiped at the end of it. Glad to hear that you're getting to use the machines more. Keep up the good work!

    Pete Yflp-w

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez Andrew, you do more in a day than I do in a week. Tires me out just reading about it! Good for you. Only you would think of it as 'the fun really beginning'! You are amazing!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete