Saturday, April 25, 2009

When life gives you lemons...

4_25_a

This morning I was in for a surprise as I was scheduled for an outing to the Upland Lemon Festival rather than therapy. Debbie happened to be here early so she was able to go as well, and we had a nice time. It was a lot of wheeling around and there were a lot of obstacles like curbs and plastic tubes covering wires, so I'm sure I'll sleep good tonight.

I forgot to mention yesterday that I had my first shower in a real bathtub with the tub bench. I managed the transfer to the bench and back again with a bit of trouble, and I definitely need more practice with that, but the shower itself was no problem. This is how I'll end up showering at home, so it's a big step for me to be able to do it.

Tomorrow is the big day at home. I think Debbie has been planning the meals for the whole week, but it sounds like we'll be having waffles for brunch and fajitas for a late lunch/early dinner. Yum! Maybe I won't sleep so good tonight...

3 comments:

  1. Home day today Andrew,ENJOY!!!
    Nicky had bad luck today but a good race.
    Have a great day today bro, Don't forget the address for us. We are going away on the 14th of May, to Scotland for nearly 4 weeks, but will have the laptop with us so we can keep up with your escapades. Regards to you & Deb
    Barry & Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. We just need to find someone who's life is giving them vodka and invite them to the homecoming party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fajitas? Lemons? Kinda sounding like Corona Extra time! Oh wait, you don't drink beer. Margaritas?

    Have a great day at home!

    ReplyDelete