Sunday, April 26, 2009

AT come home!

4_26_a
Who's this at my door?

Debbie and I had a great day at home today. We started with bacon and homemade waffles for brunch, along with cappuccino. After brunch we hung out by the pool for a bit, then watched some TV (Big Bang Theory). Debbie has picked up all kinds of pull-out shelves for the kitchen cupboards, so we installed one of those and it works really well for getting things out of the cupboard. A cup of tea, more TV, and then we cooked fajitas on the BBQ for dinner.

I did have one little mishap today, going down the ramp from the front office the front wheels of my chair got caught in a rut and I fell out of the chair. I had pretty much saved myself and got my hands on the ground, so it ended up being real gentle. Luckily, here was a big strong fellow just inside the office that picked me up and slipped me back in the chair easy. At least I've got the first fall out of the way, but I really need to find out how to get back up myself as I'm sure it will happen again.

Even with that it was a great day overall, and I can't wait to visit again.

10 comments:

  1. Racers are used to falling no? :) I guess you didn't have leathers on so it's not quite the same.

    Been enjoying the blog. Nice to see you doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks safe enough to let in.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't have enough fat on you to bounce yet, so!!! take care, love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great feeling to nearly be home, AT. You'll be there soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrew,
    Keep up the good work. Your blog is a bright spot in my day; thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks nice A.T., now I'm hungry.

    Mikolas

    ReplyDelete
  7. That smile of yours is priceless — matches your attitude and determination! You'll be home before you know it.

    xo
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. From the looks of it, I'd say we need to modify those front wheels on that chair of yours. Although it would raise the front ride height a bit (is there ride height adjustment front or back?), looks like there's plenty of room for bigger wheels. I can see it now: Ohlins suspension, oversize carbon fiber wheels, soft compound buns...

    Glad you had a great time at home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You watch Big Bang Theory, too? My roommate turned me on to that show and now we record it on the Tivo and watch it whenever we're bored at home. I thought we were the only ones who watched that show!

    Glad you had a great trip home, even despite the little mishap.

    TS

    ReplyDelete