Saturday, June 27, 2009

A Fine Day

6_27_a

It was a great day today for me at the Casa. My elbow is really getting strong with lots of movement, making a lot of things easier. I guess I didn't realize just how much it was holding me back before. I went to the gym for the first time since my hospital stay, and along with being able to lift more weight I'm a straighter in my posture and can lift the weights further.

Although this was supposed to be my first overnight stay at home, we figured I wasn't quite ready for it as I can't do the tub transfers safely on my own. We're going to wait until next weekend for that. However, I'll be heading home for the day tomorrow (Sunday). We've got all the benches and rails in place now, so I can at least try everything while I'm home to see if it will all work. Fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. ...fingers crossed at this end as well - we're cheerin' for ya - go get 'em, Andrew!

    ;-)

    -Pawlie & Libby.

    Santa Barbara, CA.

    ReplyDelete