Thursday, August 6, 2009

Another step

Walking metaphors always crack me up now, but today I took "another step" toward independence by rolling over to the pharmacy on my own. It all went fine, but I was surprised that I actually felt a bit self-conscious about being in a wheelchair. It's not that I worry about how I look, but I kept thinking people were looking at me and wondering if they should rush over and help me somehow. Just another thing to get used to, I guess.

Tomorrow we're going to a golf tournament put on by Canadians Abroad and benefiting the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation. Unfortunately I won't be able to play golf but we're sponsoring the longest drive competition and get to take part in the buffet BBQ dinner.

1 comment:

  1. So whats it gona take to get "sponsored" for something like... The LONGEST ride??? Now were talking!! Cupcakes n Pepsi here I come!!!
    $$

    ReplyDelete