Sunday, April 29, 2012

treadmill
Ready for the final session on the treadmill

This week I returned to the Blusson Spinal Cord Centre for the second part of the wheeling energy study, it was exactly the same as last week with a lot of wheeling on the treadmill. The researcher figured that, based on how well I was able to tell the change in effort on the treadmill, I would really notice changing to tube-type tires on my wheelchair. I'm about ready for a new set of tires anyway - all the wheeling on the paths here have worn out what's on there now - so I'll look at that in the next couple of weeks.

Debbie and I also went to the GF Strong Rehabilitation centre this week to meet with a recreational therapist. We got some good ideas for accessible places to hike and explore, and some really good resources for activities to check out. There seems to be loads of support for people with disabilities in Richmond and Vancouver, so plenty of things to look into.

1 comment:

  1. AAAArrrggghhhh!? You look like a real GEEK there dude! ;-)
    Those forearms look strong though...

    Go for the tubes, you won't regret it.

    J Andrew

    ReplyDelete