Friday, May 22, 2009

Now what?

After yesterday's excitement, today was fairly uneventful. Stretching, the fitness center and group therapy session in the morning, and some wheelchair mobility work in the afternoon. In preparation for next week's surgery I had to have a chest x-ray for some reason, along with a couple of other tests. Otherwise things are pretty much in a holding pattern until next Wednesday. We tried to do some fall recovery work, but I couldn't even reach up behind me to the low bolster for that, so it was a bit of a write-off. I didn't do much at the fitness center for weights, just mostly stretching. And even my transfers now are getting a bit dodgy, my arm is so weak. Luckily there's not much therapy left until Wednesday, as there's not a lot that I can do.

The good news is that tomorrow Debbie is going to take me to lunch in Claremont, meaning I'll have to get in and out of the car twice. That will be interesting, as I'm determined to manage that no matter what. And Sunday I'm going home for the day again, which I'm really looking forward to.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, Andrew!

    You'll be through the surgery soon, and then things will really start to take off again - lots of good stuff just around the corner!

    ;-)

    Have a great weekend.

    -Pawlie.

    Santa Barbara, CA.

    ReplyDelete